Monday, August 25, 2014

Chandeliers, dresser, paint, dresser, bedroom, chandelierrrrrrs!

Define Obsession:

  • ob·ses·sion [ əb sésh'n ]

    1. preoccupation: an idea or feeling that completely occupies the mind
    2. uncontrollable persistence of idea: the uncontrollable persistence of an idea or emotion in the mind, sometimes associated with psychiatric disorder


    As I was reading the definition of obsession, there I was nodding my head in complete aggreement until the words "Sometimes associated with psychiatric disorder" came up, O_o.. Er.. nope. Nuh uh... not me. Every thing else though.. is true. Hahah, poor Mike.

    A few things have been consuming my mind, chandeliers, dresser, paint, dresser, bedroom, chandelierrrrrrs. (Have you heard the chandelier song? It's right over there <---- Her voice though!) Paint dresser, paint bedroom, find chandelier. As I kinda mentioned last week, the living room was our first obsession, *cough* project. I've gotten it to the point where it doesn't make me cringe every time Im there. I plan on sharing the progress on the living room next week. By progress, I mean, I cringe a lot less :)

    
    The bedroom situation is a serious hot mess and my obsession with it has officially overwhelmed me and it needs to be dealt with. The closet is so awkward, it's really long, but you can hardly get to the clothes on either side because the opening is so small. You end up with a ton of wasted space. Both of the bedrooms house identical closets and we dont have a dresser. Therefore my clothes reside in the small bedroom closet accompanied by my shoes. We contemplated making the small room into my "walk-in" closet but, I rather be more productive with the space. Hot mess indeed, our socks are even just hanging out in a hamper. I know, I know, very creative.



    Ziggy bomb!

    We've contemplated opening up the closet and making the insides more accessible. But, when we thought about it, the original oak floor ended up being an issue. Where we take out some wall, flooring would need to be replaced. Anyone have 2 inch oak floor boards?


    The sad hamper/dog bed corner


    Our immediate solution was to get a dresser, so to Ikea we went.. and I liked none of them. My way of buying things is it has to speak to me. Have you ever seen the Pier 1 commercials? They're a must see, just click me! (Hey! that rhymed.)

    After a few days of searching I found this dresser!

    "Helllllo, arent I so pretty?"

    It certainly needs lots of lovin' but, cant you hear it speaking to you? When I first saw it, it said "Buy me, buy me, before someone else does!" It's wish was granted. We got it a few weeks ago and I'm just now finding time to work on it. I'll keep you updated on its progress! Pinky swear.

    Before I end this enlightening post I must share with you guys (what I think is) an awesome find! A bunch of Chandys that wont break the bank. Now that's rare huh?

    Let me introduce to you the Chandy family.
    They all reside at Lighting direct dot com

    What a stunner! She's only $83.69


    This simple beauty is $97.98

    I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the melting candles 
    but, it's very glitz and at $87.77?

    And how about this delicate Chandy? The most affordable one coming in at $61.15

    I think the stunner at the top would be perfect partnered with our dresser, which will be mint green soon enough! Toggle between the two pictures, do you see it? 


    Well friends its been great but that dresser wont paint itself! Sorry I'm a week behind hopefully it was worth the wait. :)

    xo Breia



    Chandelier

    1 comment: