Tuesday, May 21, 2013

This one'll be informative!

I had my ultrasound yesterday, the goal was to have mature enough eggs so that I could take the trigger shot (to promote ovulation) so that we can do IUI. Well my little eggs were too small. As of my ultra sound yesterday I have 4 eggs and 2 of them look like they'll grow enough and ovulate. My Dr. wants to see my eggs be 18-20mm.  My two little eggs are 13 and 14 mm so, its back to the clinic tomorrow to check them again.
Let's just say internal ultrasounds are not the most comfortable things in the world. but! it was extremely cool to see my ovaries and eggs! Not many people get to experience that.. If (ahem, when) I do get pregnant from this IUI I can say I saw my baby/babies from the time they were itty bitty eggs!

This is an awful picture but, this is the ultrasound of my right ovary and the eggs. The black circles are actually the eggs. She was measuring each one.


This isn't my picture, it's from google. 

But its kinda what you'd see. like I said the black circles are the eggs. My 14 mm one looked a lot like the super big one. How cool is that? I have been researching the process the ovaries go through, and seeing it in real life is pretty fantastic. 


For anyone who doesn't know what actually goes on. Here it is! The follicle is where the egg lives until ovulation. Dont be mistaken in the ultrasound picture those are all eggs. 

Anyways! My Dr. is confident that my eggs will be 18-20mm by tomorrow. I seriously hope they are.

Let's rewind real quick.. I did say baby/babies! Once eggs are over 14mm they have the likelihood of becoming fertilized. If my Dr. thinks my 14mm egg will be 18-20mm by tomorrow the 13mm egg will most likely grow at the same rate... and that's where you get the "babies" part!

Her words, "Just so you know thats a risk, that both can become fertilized... If you do get pregnant from this IUI we will be very interested to see how many are in there."


We'll see! Another ultrasound tomorrow.

Internal ultrasound=expensive OPK (ovulation prediction kit)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Breia, You and Mike are in my prayers! What a huuuuge day. I'm praying those little eggs will do their job and Heavenly Father can help! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, little eggs! I hope it's good news tomorrow and you can keep the process going. Thinking and praying for you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breia, I know we haven't talked in many many years but I want you to know that your struggle (outlined in this blog) has been heavy on my heart. I have such great faith in what's ahead for you! I am praying for you, your husband, and your soon-to-be family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why i'm just seeing this now, but thank you so much for your sweet thoughts Brittany!

      Delete