Tuesday, May 14, 2013

IUI (Intrauterine insemination)

It's been 7 months since we did testing and figured out what was affecting our chances to conceive. And this is the month we have decided to give IUI a spin. A lot of people dont know what IUI is.
Heres the skinny;
Cycle Day 1: call Dr. and give her the gory details ;) Joooke.
CD3-7: Pop them clomid pills
CD 14: May 20th ultrasound time.

Currently waiting for May 20th to roll around

CD 15/16: shoot myself up to promote ovulation.
CD 15/16: have the IUI procedure.
Then it's my favorite part.
Wait two weeks.
...
...
phew
I hate the two week wait. I know it far to well.
Lets just say, if I see a positive pregnancy test, i'll be spending all sorts of money on unnecessary amounts of pregnancy tests just to make up for all of the negative ones that have graced my memory.
(At that point ill hand out my address to all of those who have extras laying around ;))

Anyways. I debated over writing this on my blog. I hate being checked up on and asked "are you pregnant yet?!" (For future reference, If I have an update, I will update you. Deal?)
That's one reason why im sure a lot of couples struggling with infertility keep quiet and dont tell people their plans.

I also felt hesitant because I've always wanted some sort of element of surprise when we do get pregnant.. but to be perfectly honest, I will put myself in a thousand different awkward conversations and sacrifice the "element  of surprise" for the prayers of faithful people.


So, here I am.. humbly asking for you to include us in your prayers. If that isn't your cup o' tea, Ill take any well wishes or as many "Im thinking about you"'s that I can get.

Thanks Loves.

4 comments:

  1. We love you guys. Thanks for sharing! You will definitely be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for you guys. You are right in saying if there is an update you will give one. I think people want you to know they are thinking about you, but don't always know what to say. Prayers and hugs for you both!

    ReplyDelete